Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

And sadly, I have a reason to knit this year for it. When I first heard the news that my friend was afflicted, I literally went to my room and cried. After a few days, I started knitting. I'm usually a very loose knitter. Not this time. This project is knit tight, tight. Too much tension. October is also the worst month for migraines usually, so this is being knit in spurts. Many of my projects are about the process, not so much the object. I knit or crochet or crochet or sew because I wish to make something. Not so this time. I want this to be done, I want it around the shoulders of my friend, providing what little comfort I can give through the miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and much love. Hmm. I should find something to knit for breast cancer awareness month. It has come in and out of my life a few times with family members.