I started this on Dec 31, finished on Jan 02, and shipped the same day to my Sekrit Pal.
It's the "bagsket" -- I took instructions from the foofanagle tutorial . Of course, being me, I made a few changes along the way. Visible in the top picture is the self-fabric binding, instead of purchased binding, and the lack of piecing.
Here's a shot of the inside of the basket, kindly provided by Sekrit Pal. You can see one other modification: Instead of binding the pocket piece, I cut it twice the size and folded over. Trading fabric for time. :)
One other significant change I made was to use two layers for the drawstring portion of the bag. While I'm not entirely happy with the method I used ( too much time ), the lining fabric had a definite 'wrong' side I didn't want showing.
Here's a shot of the inside of the basket, kindly provided by Sekrit Pal. You can see one other modification: Instead of binding the pocket piece, I cut it twice the size and folded over. Trading fabric for time. :)
One other significant change I made was to use two layers for the drawstring portion of the bag. While I'm not entirely happy with the method I used ( too much time ), the lining fabric had a definite 'wrong' side I didn't want showing. 
1 comment:
I lurve my bagsket! :)
Post a Comment